Who we are
Bill Hero is a Savings Service provided by Bill Hero Holdings Pty Ltd, ABN 74 637 776 311.
Our registered address is Level 1, 38 Cambridge St, Collingwood, VIC 3066, Australia.
Our commitment to your Privacy
At Bill Hero we take your privacy seriously. Our guiding philosophy is that your personal information should be used for your own benefit. We will always handle your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
About this Policy
This policy explains
- What is the personal information we collect from you
- How we collect and store your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When and to whom will we disclose your personal information
- Your right of access to your personal information
- Your right to inspect and correct the personal information that we hold about you
- Your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved
- Your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access
What is the personal Information we collect from you
To complete your subscription to use the Bill Hero service you must provide Personal Information including
- Your full name;
- Your energy bill - energy bills contain customer name, energy supply address, and may also include a separate billing address;
- Your email address;
- Your contact telephone number.
To initiate a switch application through the Bill Hero service you must provide additional personal information as required by your chosen Retailer. This may include:
- Your full name and preferred title or salutation
- Your energy supply address
- Your billing address
- Your medical devices declaration
- Your ID type and number
- Your Concession type and number
How we collect and store your personal information
We collect the information you provide to us, when you when you complete your subscription to the Bill Hero service. This information may include personally identifying information such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, driver license number or passport number. We store your personal information in secure data centres, operated by reputable external cloud service providers. Access to our information systems is controlled through identity authorisation and passwords.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable provision of our services:
- To provide our services or information you request, including:
° Providing your personal information to energy retailers as required to enable your switch
° Providing your personal information to payment platform providers as required to process and complete any transactions;
° Providing your personal information to credit bureaus in order to access credit score information as relevant for completing your application to a retailer
- To respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- To monitor and analyse site usage and trends, and to personalise and improve our site and our users’ experiences on our site;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our site;
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you;
- For other purposes to which you have consented; and As otherwise authorised or required by law.
When and to whom will we disclose your personal information
- With energy retailers only in order to facilitate your application for and purchase of retail energy products;
- With service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our sites or our services;
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide us with such information;
- When we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or where doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us; and
- Otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Your right of access to your personal information
We will support your right to access and view any personal information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information, please contact privacy@BillHero.com.au. Proof of identity will be required.
Your right to inspect and correct the personal information that we hold about you
We will support your right to update or correct any personal information we hold about you. To request corrections and updates to the personal information we hold about you, please contact privacy@BillHero.com.au. Proof of identity will be required.
Your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved
We strive to meet or exceed the highest standards to protect your privacy and support your personal data sovereignty. Please contact us at privacy@BillHero.com.au if you believe we have mishandled your personal information or have otherwise infringed your statutory privacy rights or the requirements of the privacy frameworks we adhere to. Any complaint must be made in writing. We will treat privacy complaints with the highest priority and we commit to respond to any such complaint within 14 days.
Your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access
To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it in order to provide benefits or services to you.
This document was last updated 30 October 2019 and seeks to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles 2014 and the Mobile Privacy Guidelines September 2013 published by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.