Overview of Terms
Bill Hero is a Savings Service provided by Bill Hero Holdings Pty Ltd, ABN 74 637 776 311.
This Overview is intended as a simplified summary of the Terms under which this Service is offered. Your use of the Service is subject to the full Bill Hero Terms of Service embedded in this page below. We urge you to read the full Terms of Service. If there is discrepancy between this Overview and the Full Terms of Service, the Full Terms of Service will prevail.
Bill Hero is offered as tool to:
- Help you to select the most cost effective Plan,
- Assist and facilitate you to switch between Retailers and Plans, and
- Monitor Bills to ensure you remain on a competitive Plan.
To use the Service, You will need to provide information, including Personal Information, and complete an annual subscription payment:
- You will need to provide the Service with an electricity bill which will allow the Service to analyse and compare the generally available Energy Plans available and relevant to you.
- You will need to complete a credit card payment for the annual service subscription fee.
- You will need to provide your name and contact information, including email and phone number.
- You will need to set your personalised ‘Bothered Threshold’.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you give your consent for us to obtain from you the information required to deliver this service.
The Company will keep your personal information securely and will only use your personal information to enable you to complete an application to purchase an Energy Plan from the energy retailer of your choice, or to provide your details to Partners with your consent.
The Service is independent of all Energy Retailers. The Service does not seek and Retailers do not pay commissions for any sales completed through the Service.
The presence or absence of fees does not impact the ranking of the Energy Plans compared by the Service, or the plans and retailers recommended by the service.
- You will provide additional personal information including your name, email address and phone number;
- You will complete a credit card payment to begin your 12 month subscription. The Service uses reputable external credit card processing providers and does not retain credit card numbers or CVC numbers at any time.
• It is possible that the payment provider may make a small charge as part of its payment validation process. Any such charge will automatically be reversed when the transaction is completed;
- You will nominate your Bothered Threshold, which is a minimum savings threshold to be achieved before we initiate any subsequent switches.
- We will use the information on your electricity bill to compare publicly available plans against your current plan assuming the same kWh consumption (and where relevant the same kWh solar export) over an equivalent time period, with a view to meeting or exceeding the Savings Guarantee on your electricity bill;
- Your subscription payment is subject to the Bill Hero Savings Guarantee. If we cannot find annualised savings greater than the Savings Guarantee amount on your first uploaded bill, you can cancel for a full refund;
- We will provide you with personalised comparison results including a ranked list of plans and retailers, with the cheapest plan in the ranking used to determine the Savings Guarantee threshold;
- You will choose your preferred plan and retailer from the ranking we provide and we will facilitate your application to switch to your chosen plan and retailer;
- As part of initiating your Seamless Switch with your chosen retailer, we will provide your chosen retailer with a unique BillHero.com.au email address belonging to the Service to be used for delivery of bills
• If the retailer billing system can accommodate a secondary billing email address, the unique Bill Hero address will be used only to receive bills sent by your retailer,
• If the retailer billing system cannot deliver bills to a secondary email recipient, we will provide a separate unique BillHero.com.au email address to be used as your primary email contact address, and will auto-forward all emails received by that address to your own personal email address.
Through one or other of these mechanisms, the Service will receive all future bills from your new retailer;
- If your chosen retailer does not yet support Bill Hero Seamless Switching, you are required to apply using that retailer's existing online signup process. Bill Hero will provide you with a unique custom BillHero.com.au email address to be used for bill delivery and account correspondence. All emails sent to your unique Bill Hero email address will be auto-forwarded to your personal email address.
- We will repeat the bill analysis and personalised comparison process for all new bills sent to your custom email address, and will initiate additional switches whenever your minimum savings ‘Bothered Threshold’ can be achieved;
- If the Service is unable to identify savings that meet or exceed the Savings Guarantee on your first uploaded bill, you can cancel your subscription and receive a full refund.
- In the event that the Savings Guarantee cannot be achieved, Bill Hero may offer you a Discounted Subscription.
• If you take up the Discounted Subscription offer, then a rebate will be issued.
• If you do not take up the Discounted Subscription offer, then your subscription will cancelled, and your subscription payment will be refunded to your account.
- In order to complete the application to enter a Contract for an Energy Plan via the Service, you must supply all information required by the Service necessary to complete an application with the relevant Energy Retailer. If you do not supply all requested information, we will not be able to complete your switch.
- The Service updates its database of Energy Plan pricing frequently (not less than monthly) to offer Users currently available deals.
- The Company makes no representation that an Energy Retailer will accept your application to sign-up for an account with an Energy Retailer.
- If your chosen Retailer rejects your application, we will initiate a new application on your behalf to the next ranked plan and Retailer.
- Your subscription will auto-renew at the end of the subscription period
• The subscription period can be extended through use of Referral Codes or other mechanisms as agreed between us from time to time.
• Before the end of your subscription period we will notify you that our Agreement will auto-renew for a further 12 months unless you request that it terminates.
• At the end of your subscription period, unless you have requested that it terminates, our Agreement will auto-renew and we will debit a further annual subscription fee from your account.